Information for Staff
Select dates to view past and future events
09:00 - 18:00 3 October 2015
Love and loss - why grief matters
Institute of Child Health |
Kennedy Lecture Theatre
30 Guilford Street | London | WC1N 1EH | United Kingdom
Ticketing: Pre-booking essential
In celebration of Freud’s ground-breaking paper, Mourning and Melancholia, this event will focus on ways of exploring loss and the emotional price paid when loss goes unacknowledged or unresolved. The Camden Psychotherapy Unit will address these ideas from the perspectives of psychoanalysis, the arts, philosophy and politics.
- Ronald Britton psychoanalyst, former president of the British Psychoanalytic Society.
- Chaired by David Bell psychoanalyst, former president of the British Psychoanalytic Society.
- Giles Fraser priest, philosopher and journalist, columnist in the Guardian and frequent contributor to BBC Radio 4.
- Chaired by Margot Waddell psychoanalyst and consultant child psychotherapist.
A special screening of ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’
Followed by a conversation with:
- Juliet Stevenson, Olivier Award winning and BAFTA nominated stage and screen actor
- Hugh Brody, film director, anthropologist, writer and lecturer
Get directions to the venue from anywhere in the UK
Powered by Google